Azan Lrf

| map-marker Boynton Beach, Florida

Wanted to sign my child until I wouldn't pay them to take photos

I got a form letter excited they wanted to sign my child explaining how exclusive their agency was. When I explained I would be using a photographer other than their owner they quickly told me I was disqualified for not providing photos fast enough.l (aka not paying Nina the owner,) The real reason was I didn't want to pay them their high fee for photo shoot.l which they collect and is unethical. We signed with another agency who doesn't employ this tactic.

Taletha Zki

Hi I was nervous about future faces nyc and something didn't seem right . I would love to enroll my child in something that's legit . Are you able to share the legit agency you used ?

reply icon Replying to comment of Taletha Zki

If you love your child you will stay away from Nina!

Guest

What agency did you sign with?

Guest

I had my photos done professionally by a modeling studio in NYC they did her comp cards & portfolio. When Future Faces NYC called to sign my daughter, they accepted all what my daughter had on her & did not ask me for a dime.

The industry all work together so you have to pay money to have all this done and with a known modeling studio for them to accept anything else. They have a 5 star rating and so many success stories

Guest

This is why I didn’t sign my daughter up with them. What agency did you sign with?

View more comments (4)
Azan Lrf

| map-marker Boynton Beach, Florida

Scam, just wants $ for photo shoot promising to sign your child

I sent original photos of my daughter and got this elated email she was selected out of thousands of applicants to sign with Future Faces. Then when I advised I didnt want to pay the agency owner for photos ( highly overpriced $1000 of dollar photo shoot by OWNER) , we got a quick "uninterested" email back. When I requested a simple phone call for clarification they said well too late. Very susoect she can make $10s of thousands shooting children and never book one sinfle job quite a lucrative income. She also charges extra to feature your child on her website. Im glad I reasearched before falling victim.

User's recommendation: Stay Away

Lisakisa0505

| map-marker New York, New York

She’s horrible

Please save yourself the headache and dont sign with her. Shes a liar and a thief, she refuses to pay and put you through *** The worst.
Vernelle Ont

Hello, I just got an offer to join futurefaces Miami. I am so glad to find these review.

I was so excited for him but now I am not too sure.

I would have sign with her if I din't know all this non payments situation. Thank you so much for posting.

Guest

Have you tried to term contract?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2019167

My contract is expired

View more comments (2)
map-marker New York, New York

Beware!!!!! She will live on your child!!

My daughter was with Nina for 3 years! At first everything was awesome: plenty go-see, booking to campaigns, then after 7 months we asked for money, because there should be at least few campaigns paid already (payments should be made no later than 90 days after job. After big arguments finally she paid part of it, then my daughter was left off. Go-see every couple months (where in NY something is going on every other day), campaigns only to clients that requested her strongly.... All the time delays in payment - for more than year...

Nina tricked us to contract for 3 years, and after she made money on my daughter, she abandoned her just to leave from absurd fees she’s issuing.

After 3 years we changed the agency and now my daughter is back. She’s working only for 3 months and made already 2 times more than with Nina for 3 years. Payments are coming on regular basis.

I know all these positive comments are from parents that were ask by Nina to do that, that’s how she’s operates. But wait few months from now - you’ll be sorry you ever met that person

Guest

What agency is your daughter working with now ?

Ciarra Nbo

Are the contracts 3 years long? I have both my children signed and I’m also trying to get out and I don’t see the length of time on my contract. Thank you

Guest

Same for my daughter except we haven’t left yet. She just doesn’t send her to anything anymore.

She doesn’t like to pay does ask you to write positive reviews and you do have to fight for your payment.

What company is a reputable one I know my daughter contract is up very soon. I will want her moved as she is gorgeous and very photogenic and we have wasted years.

Ciarra Nbo
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1961185

Do you know how long the contracts last? We have a similar situation. Thank you

Guest

I am going through same thing arguments to get paid! 2 years to go can’t wait to leave.

Who do you suggest.

Very true Nina asks you to write a good review. She is mean

Guest

What agency is your daughter with now?

Jabree Poe

Which agency is she with now?

Guest

Hello I do you mind saying what agency your daughter is with now? My daughter wants to Model and I’m not sure where to start.

View more comments (7)
map-marker Yonkers, New York

Total scam

BIGGEST SCAM AGENCY . Unfortunately, we had to learn the hard way. NO reputable agency will ever ask you to PAY FOR PICTURES UPFRONT. But even if parents are dumb enough, like us, to pay for the pictures you will eventually find out that your kid is stale on her website, alongside 250 other stale kids. This agency is apparently known in the business for shady practices and casting directors are not running to do business with them. PARENTS PLEASE do your research first, read what backstage has to say about this agency and don't fall scam to this BS. Go to legit agencies like ZURI, Generations, etc.
Bad quality
map-marker Atlantic City, New Jersey

Unethical

Do not trust...She tries very hard to not pay when its time....Major problems with getting paid for my kids jobs!!!
Lisakisa0505

Going through the same issue . She is horrible.

map-marker Mount Laurel, New Jersey

BEWARE NINA!!!!

If I could give this business a negative 1 I would. This agent is charging models credit cards without even asking them. I have heard from at least 4 moms that were charged hundreds of dollars without permission. Her language barrier is horrible and she does not know how to deal with people at all. She TALKS IN ALL CAPS and lies when she is called out on everything. Just look at all the bad reviews on backstage.com. Another thing that gets me is that she will take photos from bookings that she didn't even book (other agencies bookings) and post them to gain interest like she gets everyone bookings. It is very misleading. Tons of models are talking and leaving. BEWARE OF NINA!!!!!
Camara Dtr

She’s a complete *** Lies about everything to just get your money to take mediocre pictures and call them “professional”

Guest

Who is a good agent in the NYC area?

Guest

Anyone have recommendations for an agent in the Miami location?

Guest

So how much does it cost? My great grand son was pick from some shots of him.

I dont want my grand daughter caught up in any scams. Maybe i will contact the better business bureau and check this agency out.

Have a good day!

Guest

Although she does take beautiful photos, the money she expects you to pay for the photos and to be on her website is a complete rip-off.

Don't sign any contracts/agreements with her.

Work with an agent. My son has been booked solid for the last 5 months. If your child is talented and has the look, they don't need to be marketed on a website or have to pay for pictures.

I specifically asked photographers at photoshoots if they've heard of Nina Lubarda- most never heard of her, and two laughed when I mentioned her name.

Please take advice, don't waste your time or $

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1398987

Would you have an agent you recommend? I’m from Miami

Guest

Her agency is horrible! They take your money and you never hear from them again.

We received one email for a go-see. No specifics or explanation. They never returned My call because I had questions and they never responded to email. Horrible service to families.

Honestly people, do not waste your time. You're better off getting an agent

Guest

In addition to the bad reviews, Nina doesn't pay her models. We've been calling her since our booking on 5.20.2016 and never received payment.

It is March 27, 2017. We are filing with the Labor Department!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1308128

Never paid my son for any work he did. She owes thousands of dollars to us.

I know parents who had the same issues. I had told her we are done with her and she keeps sending us go sees to go to and very aggressive about it.

Stay far away if you can. Save yourself the trouble.

Guest

appreciate hearing opinion, may have saved me lots.

View more comments (17)
Philemon Ttl
map-marker New York, New York

Future faces NYC - Excellent Kids model management

I signed up my daughter March 2013, Nina Lubarda spoke like "yeah, she will get good popularity in the city. She has perfect looks." Took the so-called professional pics (the one pic does show any personality in my child). Future Faces NYC is great kick for kids model. Nina Lubarda said that I could have done better. After being called maybe twice to ask me a question from others who is she?celebrity, I have heard from them.I am very happy to listen that things from people. I understand the modeling business is a maybe but my goodness, I paid them for a management fee .The facilities provided by Future Faces NYC is very wonderful.
Pros:
  • Management skills
  • Provides different differnt looks
Good customer service
Guest

Nina is the worst management company I have ever came across. She is a complete rip off and she steals your money.

She sounds nice at first and answer all your questions in the beginning but when you are in disagreement she charges you against your will.

Stay away from Nina because she is unprofessional. Total scam

This place is a joke!

Guest

Nina is unfair. My son is still waiting to get paid since 2 yrs ago.

She is a thief . Promise my son that his dream will come true and never did. All she did was take money from us. She only pays the ones that make it .

The ones that doesnt Make it she will take their money !!!!!! Such a bad person !

Guest

Someone said that this lady Nina speaks in chopped English. Sounds to me like she wrote this review because others above had given her negative feedback. Beware.

didn't understand

Guest

What in the world did you say?

View more comments (5)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article